Griping and Complaining

I came into possession of this "Hammering Hank" in the mid-1970's. I made a trade for it. I remember thinking that someday the homerun record would probably be broken by somebody else just like Hankl AAron broke the Babes and of course we all know that last season it was broken. However, I don't think I ever dreamed it would ever happen like it did. People go on and on about the steroids probably with good reason. But, for me it is what baseball itself did. First of all they pulled the walls in, shrunk the strike zone, then when you compare an old major league baseball to a baseball made today you can tell that todays ball is made to fly and go farther. I remember when Hank was working on breaking Babes record pitchers would try to take his head off and Hank had this way of bending his legs to get out of the way. Now when you check these guys out (home run hitters) they hardly ever get pushed back off the plate. In the late 1960's when the pitchers got the upperhand they lowered the pitchers mound. When everybody was pounding homeruns over the fence and Major League Baseball didn't seem to care. Now, we have congress sticking their noses into baseball and congress can't solve any problems right now! Oh well, I am just griping and complaining. Hats Off to the "Hammering Hank!"
Comments