Bo Knows!

In all my years of collecting baseball cards, I have never subscribed to Beckett. For some reason I would always go to the card shop and buy them when I wanted them. So, one month I went into buy my normal Beckett, I couldn't find one and so I asked the card store owner, where's the Beckett? He replied, "You haven't seen who's on the cover?" I said, "No?" He held up a Beckett with a picture of Bo Jackson on the cover in black and white. He says," I only have two left and I will sell you this one for $10. I said, "I like Bo but I don't care he is on the cover. I like the Beckett!" He said, "Sorry, no $10 no Beckett." Oh my gosh! What am I going to do? I just left the card shop, and no Beckett!" Back in those days there where card shops everywhere. Every card shop I went into no Beckett. So, I went to this other little town where this guy had a small transmission shop and baseball card shop together. I walk in, He has the Beckett! I asked him how much for the Beckett? Oh, that would be the cover price, $2.50 I quickly reached into my pocket to give him the $2.50 after he handed me the Beckett, I told him what was going on. He acted I like I had ripped him off ! Anyway, I left the store being really happy as I had my Beckett. Now days they get almost $10. for a Becket anyway, and the closest card shop is 75 miles away. Man, how times have changed! But, I still have my Bo Jackson Beckett!

Comments

Jason T. Carter said…
That's one of the few Beckett issues I kept when I got rid of them a few years ago.
Bart McClaughry said…
I am glad to hear that I am not the only one to keep the copy of the BO Beckett.

Popular posts from this blog

Bringing Collectors Back to the Hobby

Link Exchange with The Dugout Cards and Collectibles