Thursday, January 24, 2008

Lance Berkman WM19


This is my card of the day. I pulled this card out of a pack of 2007 TOPPS .
Wal-Mart #WM19- LANCE BERKMAN .
The back of the card says:"Lance Berkman ,First base, Houston Astros
Lance led Rice to its first College World Series appearance and won National Player of the year honors in 1997. Since '00 he has been one of the best run producers in the Majors. the outfielder/first baseman set MLB switch-hitter records for doubles (55) and extra-base hits (94) in '01. He twice has topped 40 home runs and in '06 he eclipsed Jeff bagwell's Houston record for RBI in a season with 136.
the front of this collectible card is based on the 1971 Topps design."
A note from Baseballcardman, eventhough I did not collect cards in 1971 I have always loved the '71 design. So I was extremely happy when I pulled this Berkman card!

1 comment:

Steve Gierman said...

I love those Wal-Mart insert cards! The designs bring back so many memories of pouring through years of cards at a local coin and card shop when I was a kid.