Wednesday, July 30, 2008

My 2nd Trade of all times

During the summer of 1990 I was in between jobs and kind of hurting for cash and I wanted a Catfish Hunter Rookie Card really bad. So, I took my 1977 Steve Largent Rookie and headed to Kansas City to a Tri-Star Show. It was a lot of fun taking the Largent card around to the dealers and seeing what they would give for it. Then I would go around to all the dealers to find out who had a Catfish Hunter Rookie. This one dealer had a Catfish Hunter and he wanted me to give him some cash to boot along with my Largent Card. So, I went to another dealer and sold him the Largent card and I ended up with the $10 to boot and my Catfish Hunter Rookie card. I miss the big card shows/ sports memorabilia of the past. I sure do wish that I could have went to the national show this weekend, I always really enjoy bartering with the dealers.
Baseballcardman

1 comment:

Steve Gierman said...

Don't feel too bad, I live right by the show and I can't afford to attend.