Buddy Bell
This Blog is for David at Indians Baseball Cards AlwaysSince I now know that David is one looker who is reading my bloggs, I decided to write about one of his Indians. I have chosen Buddy Bell. I have always been a big fan of Buddy Bell. You know when you buy baseball cards there seems to be one player that you always pull out of a pack mine is Buddy Bell. Another reason I like Buddy bell is that I like to argue. Growing up in Missouri everybody around me seemed to love George Brett. So, I would always say Buddy bell is just as good of third baseman as George Brett! My female cousins would always say, "But George Brett is so good looking!" I would reply, yeah but if I wanted to look like man that would attract women I would want to look like Buddy Bell.
Later after he left the Indians and went to the Rangers, he did give George Brett a run for his money as the best third baseman. I was really happy when the Royals hired him as their manager a few years back even-though he is no longer their manager. Buddy is one of those managers that never wins a lot of games, but after he leaves you realize he built a good club!
Comments