Robin Says: " Managers sometimes try to change the styles of hitters. That's OK as long as they don't make the hitters so uncomfortable that they end up hurting the team more than helping it"
Capewood I have 5 of the Robin Yount Collect a book if you want one.Yes David I also always thought the the collect-a-books were pretty cool 'oddball' items!
Triple Play Sports Cards, Inc. Located in: South Western Square Address : 3816 S Western Ave, Sioux Falls, SD 57105 I got a nice Hall of Famer Rod Carew’s 1974 Topps #50 baseball card and a 1979 Hostess All-Star Team - Rod Carew #38 in the drop Box. I bought a BCW Blue1600 count card bin! Great Buy
The main thing I remember about Minnie Minoso coming back to play in 1976 & 1980 was the enthusiasism he brought to the players and fans. That is what I am hoping this blogging will do is bring back the enthusiasim to the hobby! During the late 1980's & early 1990's there were a lot of collectors, many of these people were into it more as a lottery then they were for the fun of collecting. I had a lot of concerns when I seen people paying $4-5 for a Greg Jefferies Rookie Card. I was taught by my mentor, (I will call him Larry) that it was always more important to try and collect a player that could possibly be in the "Hall of Fame" someday, rather than a "Hot" rookie. My fears came true, many people started leaving the hobby and the bottom fell out of collecting. However, there were a lot of collectors out there that really enjoyed the hobby of collecting cards. I see blogging helping to stir the interest in bringing "Old Collectors" back...
Wow!! I haven't did a link exchange in a year. But today we have one with The Dugout Cards and Collectibles This is a great site and the manger of this site told me that My name is John and I have started a new website that I thought would interest you. I have created the second largest website selling individual/common/single sports cards. I currently have over 200,000 cards for sale from 1974 to 2009. I had got back into collecting a couple of years ago and I went to go buy a couple of cards from a Local Card shop to finish some sets and they charged me an arm and a leg. When I looked on the net, there really wasn't one place for me to buy cards from. EBay and others are just multiple users that you can never trust. I have a 100% guarantee on my cards because I send all of them out personally. All the cards I send out are NrMint to Mint unless other wise noted. I was hoping that you could maybe do an article on your blog about my site or maybe post a link on your page. If y...
Comments
www.capewood.blogspot.com
I have 5 of the Robin Yount Collect a book if you want one.Yes David I also always thought the the collect-a-books were pretty cool 'oddball' items!